We have an agreement with a facility called Midway Family Fun Park to use a portion of the RC zone as a drift track. The rules are simple and you get access to a drift track
, a rock crawler
area and an oval "race track". This agreement has been the fruit of the collaboration with Midway and the generosity of some members, and the volunteers who helped with designing the track.http://www.midwayfunpark.ca
2477 Kaladar (close to Heron & Bank), Ottawa Pricing:
- You can patiently ask for a tour for free.
- Fees are $5 for the day and $20 for a month pass plus tax
(you will need to register at the front cash; monthly members need to register with a one-time webcam photo taken at Midway).
- There are some vending machines and a restaurant on the 2nd floor (RC club members get 10% off food
, you have to ask for the discount).
- Come in the front and you need to wear the wristband to identify as paying customer.Track:
- Only use drift cars on the drift track. We use 4wd, CS and many RWD as well.
- the carpet is a slippery fuzzy type. Use softer drift tire compound. If unsure, talk to regulars for the most popular setup.
- If the other side is not used by customers (rentals), you can drive mini and micro cars there.
- the crawler track works best with comp crawlers but you can use SCX10 and I even had luck with my Wraith.
- the facility is accessible from the side of the building for access to the first floor level (probably no elevators). The friendly staff from Max Bistro (restaurant) can come down to take an order or bring the food if you have such needs.
- we made the track, so be nice and don't walk on the bridge lol, it won't hold.
- if the track is busy, try to tidy up your pit space to fit other drifters.RC vehicles and Micro quads
We allow micro quads and micro FPV setups (brushed, up to 8.5mm motors) as an addition to the RC zone, without overtaking the drift track. The tracks are first and foremost for:
- paid customers on the oval track, where MIDWAY has truck rentals for customers who are not part of the RC club, and
- drift & crawler from the RC club.What to bring?
Tables, chairs and power on site. You'll want to bring:
- $$ money for snacks/vending machines. Bisto Max takes interac
- extension power cord if you have one.
- RCs, tools, etc.Children patrons *** IMPORTANT
Midway is first and foremost a family park with kids in lower age
. Keep an eye out so no kids hurt themselves, run out the back door, or enter our RC zone without invitation. This is SUPER IMPORTANT: no kids/child/infant should run out the back door!!
Keep the door closed at all times (unless unloading material). Be courteous
as they are young guests and we are the club in our own area. A lot of guests confuse us with one of the game attractions. Keep an eye on your equipment and refer them to a Midway employee for RC rentals, if available.Smoking (outside)
If you go for a smoke, CLOSE THE DOOR
and come back from the median
door (the one with the ramp access; it should be unlocked during business hours) or the front
door. Remember it's a family spot ;-)