Author Topic: Kanata Micro RC Raceway (KMRCR) - 2018 - All Summer/Fall long Major Event!  (Read 296 times)

October 06, 2017, 10:08:14 PM

Offline Matt

• A-Main Winner
  • RC Result Analyzer
    • RC Result Analyzer
Kanata Micro RC Raceway (KMRCR) – 1/24 Off-Road racing

This major event is a new type of RC event. Possibly the first of its kind! This event will take place over the duration of the summer/fall of 2018. It will be an event fully ranked on qualifying only and will likely run until sometime in October, 2018. Qualifying can happen anytime it is scheduled with the track owner and will be counted towards the major event race rankings when the event is finished! The track is also fully fitted with numerous high power lights which fully lights the track for night qualifying.

The purpose of this major event is to be extremely flexible with hours as most people don't have the time to race major events as they need to commit full weekends. This event you can commit as low as 5 minutes to compete in on any day that is scheduled with me!

It's also not setup for individuals to run full day as well. The availability of the track on random nights is not going to be extremely long. Don't expect to come racing for numerous hours, unless it's a special occasions/etc. - Expect to race and take off!

Track Location: Kanata, Ontario. Email kanatamicrorcraceway@gmail.com for more information.

Promo Video: https://youtu.be/zEjS_vEX4M4

Classes
1) “True” SPEC Racing
– Carisma GT24B - http://www.carisma-shop.com/en/product_detail.php?id=737 (New, these cost between $100 and $200 CAD RTR depending where you buy)
- You must race the stock buggy, this includes the included battery (1s), Radio, tires, servo, etc.
- you can change the setup with options available on the buggy. You cannot Drill/Modify it in anyway. You also are not allowed to mess with the tires (compound, etc. They must be stock).
- I will SPEC buggies in this class (random inspection, but if you are in the top drivers expect to be SPEC'd.) I want this class as fair as possible unlike other SPEC racing.

2) “Modified” Buggy
- Any 1/24 scale buggy (Includes Kyosho Mini-Z, Carisma GT24B, e-mail me for others)
- You are allowed to modify your buggies, hop-ups/etc (motors, batteries, radio, etc)
- The only thing you are required is to run real 1/24 buggy tires (See Kyosho Mini-Z or Carisma GT24B tires. You cannot run micro truck tires/etc). Feel free to mod them how you like other then that.

Cost
$5 for 3 qualifiers (4 minute qualifiers) – any class.
$10 for 3 qualifiers (4 minute qualifiers) – this includes Track owned SPEC buggies and Transponders – meaning you don't need any equipment. It is all provided, just show up and qualify **Note: First time at track for anyone is $5 only.

** Track is using a LapSnapper timing system. They can be bought from https://www.lapsnapper.com/ however I'm offering them with the prices above for free (to borrow).

Prizes
- There will be trophies for top 3 in each class and one for the fastest hot lap (must be legit).
- There will be a 80/20 draw (2$ a ticket or 3 for $5) to help support the track as well. Meaning you take away 80% of the prize, while the track keeps 20%.
- Each entry comes with raffle tickets for the final draw prizes (prizes still TBD, but you receive 1 ticket for each set of qualifiers (e.g. 4 qualifiers = 1 draw
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 12:08:53 PM by Matt »
RC Result Analyzer / Schumacher / MIP / Maclan Racing

October 07, 2017, 07:46:25 AMReply #1

Online SteveM

• A-Main Winner
Looks very cool and should be fun.

October 07, 2017, 11:51:56 AMReply #2

Offline Burger

• Prestige A-main Winner
  • Team Durango Canada
    • Great Hobbies
Sounds like vrc live :P
Andrew Butters' Burghgraef
Great Hobbies
Team Durango Canada
Hobbico
Exotek
Skyrc

October 07, 2017, 12:06:14 PMReply #3

Offline Matt

• A-Main Winner
  • RC Result Analyzer
    • RC Result Analyzer
Actually that's kind of where the idea came from :) it's very similar

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

October 08, 2017, 10:45:31 AMReply #4

Offline Richie Rich

• Prestige A-main Winner
  • #RockitRC
    • RC Ottawa
Problem is, this brand was never sold or supported locally/nationally ever. Like ever ever. Hard to spec a class with no hobby shop support.

Associated is now distributed from Horizon, so the availability is looking good. Other brands, Losi, LaTrax and the Dromida's...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 03:55:15 PM by Richie Rich »
Follow RockitRC on YouTube
Tamiya | Team Associated | TLR Losi | Axial | LaTrax | Traxxas | Dromida

October 08, 2017, 01:43:26 PMReply #5

Offline DJ -Bodywerx

• A-Main
INTERESTED...
Dave Jones

October 08, 2017, 02:45:24 PMReply #6

Offline Burger

• Prestige A-main Winner
  • Team Durango Canada
    • Great Hobbies
Problem is, this brand was never sold or supported locally/nationally ever. Like ever ever. Hard to spec a class with no hobby shop support.

Associated is now distributed from Horizon, so the availability is looking good. Other brands, Losi, LaTrax and the Dromida's...

These cars are common overseas, and are more designed for racing then the bashing alternatives. He's also got the rental idea going if you don't want to buy one. We all seen the long term durability of the latrax, running purpose built cars will avoid this again
Andrew Butters' Burghgraef
Great Hobbies
Team Durango Canada
Hobbico
Exotek
Skyrc

October 11, 2017, 03:57:08 PMReply #7

Offline Richie Rich

• Prestige A-main Winner
  • #RockitRC
    • RC Ottawa
Cool, good luck with this, from the sneak peek photo I saw, if that's the track, it's mint!! I always thought a mini/micro track was possible, watching the SCT18 by AE in their promo video. This should be a lot of fun.
Follow RockitRC on YouTube
Tamiya | Team Associated | TLR Losi | Axial | LaTrax | Traxxas | Dromida

October 11, 2017, 04:07:31 PMReply #8

Offline Matt

• A-Main Winner
  • RC Result Analyzer
    • RC Result Analyzer
Yeah, the photos are the actual track. I just finished it not long ago. Should be more mint next summer. There is a video too: https://youtu.be/zEjS_vEX4M4

October 11, 2017, 04:09:43 PMReply #9

Offline Matt

• A-Main Winner
  • RC Result Analyzer
    • RC Result Analyzer
I also have lap timing,  it's a lapsnapper system. You can purchase transpoders but I will provide them with the cost of racing.